Thursday, April 24, 2008

Warm and Alone.

As I unplug my cell phone charger sacrificing whatever potential opportunities may be offered with each ring, I use that vacant outlet for the plug to my laptop. I am taking the time to disconnect myself to reconnect my peers. I need to understand why. I need to understand why it is so hard to sacrifice our individuality for humanity. I need to understand why it is seen as conforming when a group of people are like minded. Why do we look to the red cross when the ultimate sacrifice was given on one made of wood. What has become of our square inches of fabric quilted together to comfort those whose threads may be a little weak. What makes this quilt special is not the variety of patterns or colors but rather the fact that each piece of this blankets composition depends on the other. As the individual consumer becomes more and more of a priority we begin to lose sight of the people standing right next to us. Who are you standing with? Mannequins…. Us liking Nike does not mean we have anything in common. Flavor flav is a result of you. You are to blame for the war in Iraq. You are the one pumping the gas whose pricing you feel is incredible. You are the person buying the $500 shoes complaining about your credit card bill that you created and you are the reason those shoes will be $515 next year and the interest rate on that card will increase astronomically. You are the reason soldier boy had a number 1 single. You are the reason there is nothing being offered of substance because you live in a world that you create. This shit is all your fault. You are the reason we haven’t seen any more Stokely Carmichaels and Davinci’s. The next prodigy’s future will be destroyed by the Nintendo WII you allow him/her to play. You are the cause of all this shit. And you the person responsible are so quick to say its my fault. Blame me, blame him, blame her but this cannot be the doings of you. All of you putting so much emphasis on nothingness in your conversations with those people you want to be accepted by. You say so loudly the last thing that will affect anybody. LISTEN TO MY BULLSHIT! Watch me do everything in my power to distract you from who I am. Watch me spit in the face of my maker by trying to be the spitting image of the same face we should spit in. You are obnoxious. You get fucked. You are my bitch and I’m going to stick as much Polo, Playstation, and Pilates up your tight puckered asshole that I can fit…… and you don’t care. There are about a million people that sit in a room and devote their time to breaking you down and keeping you as far from the people that you need most. This room of people oh so ironically united are sitting there with spreadsheets and bar graphs and snickering their capitalist snicker because they know after this fuck there will be no money on the night stand. Why is your protest of bad programming a channel change? Lets endorse some other bullshit. Your protest can be the off button or for beginners try mute. Why do you know more about Lauren from the Hills than the person you’re sitting there watching her with. Why do you live in a box when there is so much more space outside of it. You are homeless looking to move into the next Real Word house. Boxed in….. warm and alone.

-Havek Osten

1 comment:

Marc. said...

Dope ass post and very true indeed. They have birthed a generation devoted to one's, zero's, & JPEG files. I agree fully.